Saturday, July 9, 2011

Where's Your Dart At?

Just finished a dress that I saw Gertie make a couple of months ago from McCall's 5845.

The fabric is actually upholstery fabric that was given to me by one of my co-workers a couple of years ago. It  was pieces and I was able to make it work, although I wish I had had a little extra length so I could have added an extra couple inches to the hem. I ended up using hem facing tape so that I wouldn't lose too much length, but I'd have preferred it ended below my knees.
However, I love the back and the interesting detail of having the darts on the outside!

Overall, this pattern was super easy to work with. I cut the size 12 and went out to the 14 for the skirt,  but ended up taking it back in to the 12  for my hips...which is kind of unusual for me to have to do on fitted dresses. I'd like to do this again...possibly in an eyelet like Gertie's.
I also got to wear this with a pair of my favorite earrings...which you can kind of see in this picture.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reposting! This dress looks absolutely adorable on you. I love the dart details, the back bodice, and fabric choice. Although you would like to add a few inches to the hem, I think it would look even cuter with a few inches shorter. You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete