Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Too Sweet

Dear Readers,

I feel like I haven't been focusing on my blog very much lately. I'm so sorry. I had plans for a tutorial but just haven't gotten to it. I came down with a cold last week and the most I could do was get myself from my bed to the couch in order to have enough energy for work. Which by the way, I have two more nights and I'm done with having to work every night until next summer. Woohoo!

The other distraction that occurred last week was probably the best distraction ever. My husband got a job! He was laid off from his job of 25 years last August and has been on a roller coaster of interviews over the past year. Finally at the beginning of August the right company came along and after a month of interviews he was offered the position. We are so happy!! Thankfully we made some really good decisions when he lost his job and have been basking in our first year of marriage, despite the circumstances, so it hasn't been too painful. Needless to say, we've had alot of errands to run in order to get him prepared for going back to work. He will start work after Labor Day, so hopefully things will settle down then so I can get back to blogging.

And besides that cheering me up this past week, so did a wonderful fellow blogger. Mr. Tiny at Wacky Tacky awarded me with The Irresistibly Sweet Award!
So to follow in the footsteps of other blog awards I will state 7 facts about myself:

1. I am obsessed with the Hawaiian culture and the Country Western culture of the past...kind of an odd combo don't you think?
2. I love really large purses so I can stuff them full of crap and then hate myself every time I pick it up for just that reason.
3. When something grosses me out my belly button gets a funny feeling.
4. I am very afraid of my obsession with chickens for my kitchen, I think it might take over the whole house someday.
5. Outfits with fringe or fur make me happy because it always makes me wiggle and giggle.
6. My dog is so cute I can't stand it.
7. I'm a really good baker but wish that I was a better cooker.

Wow. That was not as easy as I thought it would be.

Well onto awarding this blog to fellow bloggers:
The Little Red Squirrel - I love her posts! She is fantastically creative and beyond cute. I look forward to her posts, whether it be about her sewing projects, embroidery projects, or adventures around Europe for her job. She's one sweet gal.
The Rockabilly Socialite - Dollie is just the bees knees! I love looking to her for inspiration in fashion, music and living the vintage lifestyle. Her home is amazing and she is great at shopping for wonderful vintage items!
By gum, By golly! - Tasha is just one of those gals I feel like I could have so much fun talking about sewing and knitting projects with. Plus she goes to great vacation spots that really appeal to my country heart and I love seeing her in cowboy boots!!

So thank you Mr. Tiny for brightening my week. I love the idea of my blog being irresistibly sweet!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, well you have just brightened up my week too! Thank you so much for the award, I'm so glad you enjoy my blog because I love reading your posts too! Aww I'm just grinning now, thank you Reagan! :) xx

    ReplyDelete